Thursday, December 20, 2012

Whoops! chimney and plumbing before the metal rooof

My roofer called me last week and told me the metal would be in by Thursday and that they may want to start getting it put up. The weather has been unbelievably nice for December. It seems like just about every day has been rain free and in the 60s and 70s. It could easily be 20 degrees with snow on the ground. So the roofers were understandably ready to get this job started. Fortunately I talked to my framer and he reminded me that I would want to have all my roof penetrations in before the metal goes on... Whoops. So I called the roofers off. Fortunately I have a plumber who is pretty easy to work with and he got out and put in our 3 vents that we needed. My father-in-law and I spent Half the weekend getting the chimney stuff figured out. Part of the problem is I am not sure what stove we are going to go with. So we took the minimum clearances for single wall stove pipe and added a couple inches. Hopefully that will do the job.



We spent the rest of the weekend adding fill to the garage. They are building a new CVS in town and they needed a place to get rid of the chunks of concrete so our property was volunteered. It has been a lot of work hauling this into the garage but it will save as thousands in the end. We also got more concrete than we bargained for. It will all work out in the end but right now the pile looks like a monster. We have been using the old backhoe to bring in a couple of large peices at a time. It has been extremely time consuming, but I think we are almost there. One more full day and we should be ready to pour the garage floor. The weather may not hold though, and that will push it back to spring.



No comments:

Post a Comment