Last night I grouted the backsplash, or at least the part of the back splash I was allowed to put up. I think I found a propane guy to get a tank out here, Garretts Propane. I found a great deal on a range yesterday online and it happened to be in-stock. That got dropped off today. I also found some good deals on a fridge and a dishwasher so we went ahead and ordered all of our appliances. As long as the propane guy comes through we may be ready for our inspection tomorrow afternoon. CRAZY!
My to-do list has dwindled. The list is finally a manageable weekend project. I finished getting all the counter tops in. The Sinks are all installed with the exception of the drain on one. I have to reset on toilet because the wax ring is leaking a bit. The work outside is pretty much done. The downspout drains are all in except one, the sidewalk is done. We had a new load of gravel brought out and the west steps are placed. I talked to the inspector today and he said we have to have a functional stove, so I am trying to find a propane company that will get a tank out there asap. We were going to use the primo and cook on that for a month or two.
Anyways here are the "final" pics from the outside of the house.
Alright I finally feel like we are in the almost done stage. There are really no "big" projects left. We finished spreading out the dirt piles and ran a harley rake over the yard and got it in pretty good shape. We spread some grass seed and it has rained a good amount so the seed has been wet for 3 days straight now. If we have any chance of getting the grass growing in July it is this week. We got the front door hung and it fit just perfect. We bought the hand rails for the garage and basement. Those should go up in a day or two once the stain dries. We have a bit or trim to finish but that should go pretty quick. The concrete counter tops are coming along.
We made some more movement yesterday. The rail around the stairs got delivered. The limestone counter tops for the kitchen got dropped off (except for the pieces around the sink) and I started polishing the counter tops for the bathroom.
We got the concrete in the forms. I am not super thrilled with how it all went. The fiber optics went terribly. That may be a complete failure. The "white" concrete was full of tan sand. The brown counter for the guest bath I got way to wet so I am pretty worried about the final strength. Hopefully it all turns out. I had to order a new secco polisher, my other one died after one job. If this one does not do better I will be done with this brand. Ok enough complaining. I will pull the forms tomorrow and start the finish work on them.
Either the siding guys or the drywall guys hit a wire and we had a short in the garage. So I had to cut an access in the garage attic and install a couple junction boxes. One more project off the list. The only electrical left to do is wire up the island and move a can light that is in the way of the pantry. I got the steps built for the north and south sides of the house.
We have made some pretty big strides this week. We had an old family friend come out to give us some pointers on the rock, turns out he could have it done in a day for about 300 bucks, DEAL!
We still have to wrap one more post but that should be pretty easy to get done.
We finished getting all the tile put on the shower walls. We will start caulk and grout this weekend. We found these Little brackets called quick door hangers at home depot and we got all the doors hung in a few hours. Once that was done we hit the trim pretty hard. That is another project we can probably have done by the end of the weekend, or at least pretty close. We started staining the front door so that will replace the temp door next week.